Saturday, February 2, 2013

I am Burdened with a Glorious (or crazy) Purpose

I am a lace maker.  I am a geek.  I am a geek lace maker.  Whilst watching Avengers (again) I got a good look at Loki's helm - along with Tom Hiddleston's face, but that's a topic for different blog.  On the side of the helm are a series of holes, ostensibly so that the actor could hear.   This pattern, which I can see on the screen, but can't get a screen shot of to share, caused a series of thoughts to occur in approximately 3 seconds.

"That looks like a Milanese lace braid"
"I could make that Milanese lace pattern"
"I could make the helmet in  lace"
"I could make a lace Loki"
"I could DO that!"
"Dude, I am SO doing that!"

Well, after much time putting together the right angles and working in Illustrator on my *bleeping* PC I have the following.  The flow chart Loki and the Pricking Template Loki.






In order to proced I needed a pillow, some bobbins, and thread.  I had lace on both my pillows and borrowed bobbins.  I have since spangeled all my bobbins . . .


and cleared my pillow of the Milanese moon.


 Which turned out nice for the first time doing this style.

I will do my best to document and share my Loki lace project for I, like the god of mischief, am burdened with a glorious purpose!    Or just a crazy idea.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the moon. And I can't wait to see how the Loki turns out. So much fun ... so little time.

    ReplyDelete