Thursday, October 18, 2012

Star Spangled Bobbins

The set of spangled bobbins Mari lent me have glared at me for a week.  All fanned out on a tray table. Put in to pairs.  Begging to be used.  I had one problem - contact paper.

I knew exactly which pattern I wanted to try - Star with Star Ground - that we had done in guild two years ago.  It has very little sewings and looks lovely when done.  The problem was I couldn't find my roll of contact paper to cover the pricking and DH couldn't find any at the store.  This led to the cleaning up of my art studio . . . I know I know it needed doing too.  And Hazzah the paper was found, the pricking covered and the work begun.

Here is what I've found.  I pick the bobbins up by the spangles.  I have a hard time picking up the itty bitty shaft and find the spangle loop easier to grasp.  I've not seen anyone else do this so I know it's probably not "proper", but it's working for me.  I'm still not sold on itty spangled bobbins, but they do take up much less space on the pillow.


No comments:

Post a Comment