Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reticella Lace

Finally!


My book of Reticella lace making came.  Unfortunately the authors assume you know how to make all the stitches and know all the jargon *pout*  So, now I have to find another lace book that has the needle lace stitches and glossary of terms.  I may just try online, but I'll not hang all my hopes on that.

To give you and idea of the kind of lace I am aiming to make take a look at these lovely paintings.  The first is Reticella that is "floating" by itself, the second has the lace motifs set into linen.  Most lace in paintings from the 16th Century is a variation of this kind.  Fun fun!


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure where you are located, but if you have the chance to take a class from Diane Clements of Walnut Creek CA (she teaches all over the US), DO IT. Her instructions are so good it is almost as if she is standing by you, guiding your hand.
    Best of luck from
    A Student Of Lace

    ReplyDelete